I was asked to post 7 things about myself and then pass this award on to 16 other great bloggers whom I admire. I am always so excited when I find a new blog, so it's my pleasure to share them with you!
1. I have been teaching 2 and 3 year olds in a small preschool since January 1999. My daughter at the time was a student there and I found out they needed an interim teacher. I had NO idea the wonderful journey I'd travel once I took that job! My daughter is now 16 and still enjoys going back to her preschool and helping me out.
2. I wanted to be a teacher but was discouraged by just about everyone I met (there are no jobs, the pay is bad, etc.). So I decided to get my degree in graphic design. Just goes to show I should've listened to my heart all along.
3. This past year I have spent more time outdoors than ever. I have fallen in love with running (sometimes), hiking, and - most of all - cycling. I am always working on ways to get our preschoolers outdoors more often, and that can be a challenge with our Pacific Northwest weather.
4. I love my job because I get to laugh and play and listen to the most wonderful stories. Each day is unique and never boring!
5. I feel passionate about life since losing dear ones, especially my brother-in-law, James, 2 years ago. I now treat each day as a gift.
6. I am very sensitive and I think this has been one of my biggest gifts to my students. I often feel tender thoughts in their hearts that others might overlook. They all are unique, they all come to us with their own story to share. It's my job to honor their stories each day.
7. Every day I am thankful for my job as a preschool teacher. I am proud to tell others of my career, of my passion for teaching these small people. I am honored that these families choose me as their children's first teacher.
16 great bloggers:
Oh, there are so many more! Thank you to all the wonderful parents and educators who take the time to share their thoughts and ideas on the web. I know how much time it takes, but you are all appreciated!